Saturday, October 25, 2008

HP Printer Virus

I just got a free HP printer with the purchase of a iMac. Free! What an oxymoron. It'll cost me a $1000 in ink cartridges before it's all over.

Here's the other thing about HP printers, their freak'n viruses. Put that 'install me first' CD in and it takes 15 minutes to load all the software - browser tool bars, picture managers, print center management, and the list goes on and on. I just want to print a document! Of course there is an option to customize the install, but I learned THAT too late after one computer got 'infected'. Got smart on the next computer, but the thing wants to give me a gilt trip for not installing all the junk!

I remember the good old days - plug that HP Laser Jet 4 into the computer, share it and we were in business. Go to print in word, pick the printer and guess what?!?! A page came out! Now I get popups and notices and on and on.

I'm sure some marketing genius has something to say about the new internet economy, but I'm just pissed off.

No comments: