Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Hating Change

I haven't read this yet, but the title is so right on!


"People Don'at Hate Change, They Hate How You're Trying to Change Them"
http://blog.changethis.com/


My organization has been undergoing some big changes. To prep people for the changes they've had a variety of presentations about coping with change. The gist of these presentations is (1) you don't like change and you won't like this one, and (2) there's help for you. I was baffled - I actually thought the organization changes proposed were going to be for the better. Why assume I'll hate it, then make it my fault! Unbelieveable.

So the take aways: (1) focus on the change, not people hate change, (2) if people hate the change it's more than likely they hate how you're trying to do the change.

No comments: