Thursday, June 05, 2008

First Summer Biathlon Race

First race of the summer on Saturday and I am sooooooo not ready. Went over and ran the course this past weekend and felt like I was crawling. Work outs have been going well, but feel like it's all up hill, feel like I'm really struggling.

A few things are clicking this summer workout wise. I'm using heart rate more to throttle workouts and mix hard and easy. I'm doing more nordic 'running' - running with poles and simulating ski motion. I'm also getting in roller skiing once per week, which I think will make a big difference. First time out felt my first time - woobly and unbalanced. Gessh, does one or two months do that to a guy???

Very humid here and 90 perdicted for this weekend. First time this year - feels aweful, but I guess that's link people down south complaining about 40 degrees?

No comments: